After 1.5 years of development process we are glad to inform you that first Open Source OpenWrt board IMX6ULL based SoM released. Hope OpenWrt funs tired of the inability to develop their own hardware product based on OpenWrt will enjoy it.
Now we are preparing Crowd Funding company to launch this solution to the market.
Originally developed for internal usage as core processing unit in LoRaWAN gateways we are developing later we desided that SoM we got looks like mature viable stand-alone product. First time it got functionality to act as LoRaWAN gateway. But later we started to develop the concept of integrating loRaWAN gateways into the smart city environment. It gave additional out-of-box functionality of video and audio streaming making SoM suitable in Smart Home, IoT, Automation, Robotics Applications.
So here is NetSoM:
There is 42.35 x 45.55 mm square PCB with 89 half via pads on edges. Contains onboard:
- NXP’s MCIMX6Y2CVM05AB industrial grade processor;
- 16Mb flash;
- 2Gbit RAM;
- 2 Ethernet PHY IC KSZ8081RNAIA;
- 1 Wi-Fi PHY IC WF200;
Provides reach set of interfaces:
- 2 x Ethernet;
- 1 x Wi-Fi;
- 2 x CAN;
- 2 x USB;
- 1 x Parallel video interface;
- 1 x SAI;
- 2 x SPI;
- 1 x SDHC;
- 2 x I²C;
- 2 x UART;
- 20+ GPIO;
Open Hardware development board provides way for fast SoM based hardware prototyping to bring your own product to the market in few months or even weeks:
It gives you access to all interfaces from the list above.
Open Source code provides 10 pre-defined configs to build image which are grouped in pairs. Configs that ends with _ethernet supports for double ethernet networking capabilities while configs ends with _wifi supports for double ethernet + wifi networks to be running out of box (support for 3G usb modules coming soon). Five pairs of configs provides following functionality out-of-box:
- audio_stream_ethernet/wifi.config – an audio-streaming (SIP telephony) application using the WM8960 codec;
- video_stream_ethernet/wifi.config – a video-streaming (RTSP/MPEGTS) application using the OV5640 camera module;
- amazon_voice_service(wifi).config – an Alexa-style voice-recognition application;
- flexcan_ethernet/wifi.config – A UDP-to-CAN forwarding application;
- lorawan_gateway_ethernet/wifi.config – A LoRaWAN gateway application;
By using additional video, audio modules and LoRaWAN extension shield you can bring all them out-of-box:
Coming soon at crowdsupply.com.